When I designed Gabi’s baby room it was so much fun. I knew exactly what I wanted to create, that same feeling I had… her own wonderland. (Blog post to follow about her entire room décor)
I used the following: Shimmer cardboard sheet, butterfly template, sticky diamonds, glitter, glue, scissors, a pencil and prestick.
This is such a fun and easy DIY project but let’s go through the steps.
- Print any butterfly template you like or feel free to download my template below.
- Trace the butterfly on the cardboard sheet – you can even use different colours sheets according to your room’s colour scheme.
- Cut out as many butterflies as you need for the wall.
- Decorate the butterflies with diamonds, glitter, paint and whatever creative décor you would like to add to your butterflies.
- Now fold the wings to the middle/body so they create a 3D look.
- Now just add them to your wall – I used press stick and only stuck the base of the butterfly’s body and not the wings.
Every night after reading bedtime stories, Gabi looks up and say “bbbbb”. She just loves her butterflies so why not grab a piece of paper and start filling your room with butterflies so your little girl’s imagination can run wild with all the butterflies around making her room a wonderland.