The answer to that question is OATS MILK. There are so many different milk alternatives available these days, like nut milk, soy milk and even rice milk, but I ended up choosing Oats milk. I can honestly say that this recipe is tried and tested as I make about 2 liters of oats milk a day ( i must confess that I do knock down a glass or 2 myself time to time.)
So many Mommies have asked me for my oats milk recipe so I should think it's about time I post it. Oats milk is tasty, affordable and sooooo easy to make, like I will be showing you below.
- 1/2 cup of soaked oats (min 6 hours)
- 1 liter of water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- 2 tsp Fructose Sugar ( can be replaced by honey or any other sweetner of your choice)
For a change up or a "once in a while" treat I add one of the following:
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Some Vanilla Pod
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Add all the ingredients into a mixer or high powered blender.
- Blend until completely smooth and you can't see little bits of oats going around in the mixer.
- Pour the Oats Milk mixture into a glass jar through a sieve to remove most of the grainy pulp.
- And there you have it, Homemade Oats milk.
- Keep your Oats Milk in a glass jug or jar in the refrigerator. Do not freeze (no need to freeze as it is so easy to make a fresh batch daily anyway.)
Prepping a warm bottle for your little one:
- Fill your baby's bottle a little more than half way with oats milk and then top it up with boiling water.